Sunday, October 11, 2009

Welcome!

A little about me...

I am 49 years old and hail from Bellevue, WA.  I relocated to Los Angeles, CA about 11 years ago where I began a career as a House Manager and Personal Assistant. 

I was lucky enough to meet my boyfriend Dan there, whom very shortly after we met informed me that plans were in the works to move back to Chicago, IL where he was born and raised.

Dan and I conducted a long distance relationship over the next several years only seeing each other when our time and mostly finances permitted. 

In June of 2008 my daughter Elora graduated from High School and gave me her blessing to make the move to Chicago to be with Dan and start a new life here.  As providence would have it in July of 2008,  I was hired and started a new job in Lake Forest, IL on a property where I now work and live.

Elora is attending college in Boston, MA and Dan is living in our recently purchased bastardized Victorian home in Evanston, IL.

Our house was built in 1893 and measures about 1500 sq. ft. not including the basement.  The house which Dan calls "Amanda" has seen many changes over the years not all of which I would say are good ones!

The old girl has loads of charm and some (but not much) of the original work from when she was built.

It is our intention to restore her as beautifully and economically as we can which in and of itself is quite an undertaking especially when you consider that the bulk of my contributions are done on the weekends!  God bless Dan for being so handy and most of all willing to work on and live in "Amanda" while she is being re-invented.

I have loads of pictures and information to share.  Initially, I'll catch you up to where we are now.


So grab a cup of your favorite beverage and enjoy!

Best,

Linda

1 comment:

  1. Linda ~
    Welcome to blogging! Glad to have you here :) Your home is soooo beautiful!
    Hugz,
    Cathy ~ okiequilter@MJF

    ReplyDelete