Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Onward and upward to the 2nd floor "before" pictures

 It's 35 degrees outside this morning with a wind chill making it feel like 29!  Woo Hoo!

I love this weather.


I've got the tub filling and the iron warming up which tells me I have a few minutes to play here and start showing you the 2nd floor of our house.

The pictures above are of our guest room which we've recently named "The Paddington Room"  Dan has a cool plaque from a train station in England that fits perfectly on the door and say "Paddington" hence the name of the room.

Ok, back to it...

These pictures are dark so I will explain.  Orange carpeting and floral wallpaper.


These next few are brighter.

It's actually a very pretty room.  At the moment this is the only completed room we have in the house.  Although it's the guest room, Dan and I have made this home base.  When you see the Master Bedroom or "The crack room" as we call it, you'll understand why!

Just around the corner is a full bath.  Each bedroom has a full bath which for a Victorian is a dream come true.  Obviously these were added later on, we think in the 40's or 50's.   Hmm, let me clarify that the tub etc. went in then.  As near as we can figure there was a pretty big remodel in the 70's.


It's a very large bathroom.  The tile is what my friend Mary referred to as "chicken wire" tile.   There's lots of tweaking to do in here but it's a very serviceable bath and for you soakers out there I must point out the depth of my tub.  Ahhhhhh.  A few essential oils and a good book and I will be gone for several hours.

Speaking of tubs, mine is ready.  Time to get ready for work!

Enjoy the beautiful Fall day wherever you are!

Best,

Linder

3 comments:

  1. I just love the old radiator in the bathroom. Reminds me of my old grade school, a Catholic school, had those radiators. I noticed the floors through out, were they hard wood floors, did you redo the floors. My house is hard wood through out, need some work but beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all those shelves! What a great house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane,
    I LOVE the radiators in the house. We didn't get this one redone but it's on the list.
    We're going to redo the floors but with new tile. In the demo pics you'll see the pretty floors underneath the carpet.
    We hired a polish firm who did the entire downstairs, foyer, stairs and guest bedroom upstairs for $1800.00!
    Not bad at all.
    And I hate to say it Sue, but we demo'd the shelves! Pics of that coming soon.

    ReplyDelete