Monday, October 12, 2009

By Jove, I think I've got it!

Thanks to FarmGirl Monica, I am going to attempt a death defying fete.  Drumroll please...

I, the magnificent Linder am going to post more than one photo on the SAME post at the same time!  (the audience all goes "Ooooohhhhh").

Can I have complete quiet in the room please, and kids DON'T try this at home.

What you are about to see is a skill that has taken me years to perfect (ok, 2 days tops if it works but who's counting?)

If I'm able to pull this off what you will see is the before pictures of my first floor, I KNOW, I've promised it before but I feel in my bones that it will work this time.


Here goes...

The Dining Room!  Woo Hoo!

There's a lovely view into the backyard.  We have bunnies and birds of all types, chipmunks and squirrels.  We call it our Secret Garden.  Hang on I'll post a picture of the backyard.

Isn't it pretty?  It's a tiny slice of heaven for us.  next year I want a little vegetable garden.

OK, back to the interior...


Here's another picture of the Dining Room.

Oh my God this is working!  I am so excited I could wet myself.

(It's probably due to the color of those walls...yikes!)


Now a few pictures of the Sun Room and side porch.

Opposite this wall is a door that leads out to the screened in porch.  It is the only way to get to the backyard right now.

What we've just decided to do is to close off that door or rather take it out and build in a wall.  After that we'll build in a fireplace and make this a cozy little ante room off of the living room.  Excellent idea, right?

We'll take out a window in the dining room and put the door to the screened in porch there instead.  It makes more sense that way and I get my fireplace!  Truthfully, even if it didn't make sense I'd say it did so I could get my fireplace.   Ahhh greed. it works for me!


Here's the side porch (or screened in porch if you like).

All of this furniture came with the house.  Right now it's being used as a workroom for painting and sawing etc..  Eventually it will be the house office.  The window at the end of the porch is where we'll pit the door in.

Dare I finish off the first floor with the kitchen and powder room?  YES, damnit I will, I'm on a roll and I can't be stopped now. 



A few pictures of my 1970's kitchen.   The stained glass window is real and it's a keeper!


5 comments:

  1. The stained glass window is gorgeous!! It's too pretty to have over a stove though. I love, love, love your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL home!! It feel like "home" from the pics too. I see why you love it:)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, You are too funny!! So glad I could help! The pics are great! I especially LOVE the one of the yard! I grew up in Ohio and I live in the Arizona desert now and I MISS grass. The stained glass window is absolutely beautiful! What a beautiful house! Great job on your post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kay, Cathy & Monica!

    Kay, you're right about the stove. The sink used to be there and was switched out during the remodel in the 70's.
    When we finally get to the kitchen remodel done (which will be a while) we're going to move everything back to its original places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got it, yippie! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete