Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thursday Musings

Good Morning!

I noticed on Facebook yesterday that almost everyone was experiencing gloomy weather. 

A lot of people chose to stay indoors and craft, cook, read, build a fire and in general just nest and be cozy!

These are the things I do on the weekends.

My job demands a lot from me and at the end of my day, I'm so lucky if I have the energy to heat up leftovers or grab a bowl of cereal.

But on the weekends it's different.  I go to my boyfriend and my house.  Dan and I snuggle a lot, talk a lot and in generaI soak up each others presence.  The in between times, we work on our own projects.  Ibuy groceries and I become what Dan calls "The Mad Scientist".  He says he calls me this because every time he passes the kitchen he sees food flying.

This is my form of nesting and it's a good one too since we've been living without heat for the past 3 weeks.

Our radiators all went in to be sandblasted, epoxied and painted.  They're coming back today and tomorrow and we hope that by the weekend, we'll have warmth once again!  Beleive me, you'll hear about it and see pictures too.

Anyway, last weekend I had so much fun!  I made a crustless quiche for breakfast and I roasted a turkey breast for dinner whilst making a lovely beef stew in the crockpot!

It all turned out yummy and more importantly (even without heat) it felt like home.

I have to admit that the coach house where I live during the week is looking a little sad and neglected these days.  A girl has to choose where her energy is going to go and right now it's work, Dan and the house.

It's raining out this morning which means no walk.  My choice today is to run a bath, put some laundry in and clean up my livingroom which has taken on the feel of a war zone!

Everyone has struggles in their lives.  I am trying to focus on everything beautiful in mine and always, always count my blessings.

There are good days and bad days but most days I'm very clear how lucky I am to have the man and home of my dreams.  There is a notion that is ever present in my heart which is this;
I am always watched over and cared for.  If I choose I can but reach out and find comfort and solace with my higher power and those that I love.

I am rich beyond measure!

Love,


Linder

1 comment:

  1. It has been a very mild summer in the Chicago area this year. And now a cooler than usual October. I don't think I ran the air conditioner in August at all. Highly unusual. We might have an awful winter.

    ReplyDelete