Thursday, December 17, 2009

Finding my Bliss!


Dan & Linda Christmas 2009


I just sat down to write and heard the timer go off in the kitchen.  My first batch of shortbread is done!

Like many of you at this time of year, my plate is full with my job, my home, my lovely daughter & boyfriend as well as my other family members and then there's the preparation for Christmas!

Calgon take me away...

My goal this year is to find my bliss, however small, every day.

My job can consist of very long hours but I've decided that this is just not the year I want to stop creating.  Probably because my job is so demanding and requires so much of me, I've chosen to seek out my joy in baking and sewing for the holidays.

My plan is brilliant!  I am dividing my projects up into small windows of time.  So, for instance, when I got home from work last night, I went through all my cookbooks, decided what I was going to make, went grocery shopping and then came home and made truffles and butterscotch haystacks.

It was fun and it was NOT an all day project.  I was in bed by 10:00 p.m. and so happy that I had carved some time out for me and my pleasure.

I hope that you can carve out some time for yourselves today and find your own bliss whatever it is.

Don't forget to enter my first ever blog contest.

In the comments section, please tell me how you "Celebrate the spirit of the season".

A winner will be randomly chosen tomorrow after work.

Much Love,

Linder

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet shot! And I agree, you have to make time for what makes you happy, good for you! I celebrate the spirit by making, baking and gifting! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you Sue! Thanks always for your visits to my site and your thoughtful comments!

    ReplyDelete