Tuesday, December 15, 2009

And so it begins...




I am bleary-eyed from a very long work day yesterday (14 hours) and dragging my poor behind around this morning much like I hadn't slept at all!

BUT with coffee in one hand and a pen in the other I begin to make the mammoth list that will commence the bacchanalia of the Christmas season in the Montgomery household today.

Woo Hoo!

It is not Christmas for me if I'm not creating something.  Funds are low this year so I find myself joyfully going back to my homemade holidays which everyone seems to love.

I am going to start baking tonight.  The fare includes but is not limited to: snickerdoodles, oreo cookie bark (so easy), cornflake marshmallow wreaths, butterscotch haystacks and  kourembides (those fabulous crescent shaped almond cookies rolled in powdered sugar).

Those items will be in the boxes I send out to my family.

I am going to attempt a nice biscotti for my step-mother who LOVES it as a treat with her coffee in the mornings.

OK, yes it's a lot to do but I am excited for my work day to zip by so I can get down to the business of merry making!

I hope you have scheduled in an activity just for yourself today that brings you bliss!

Speaking of which, don't forget to enter my "Spirit of the Season" contest today.

In the comments section of this blog, please share how you are celebrating the spirit of the holiday season.

On Friday I will pick a winner and send the lucky person out a copy of " A Homemade Life" by Molly Wizenberg

Blessings to all!

Love,

Linder


Pictures were taken at the Chicago Botanical Gardens.

3 comments:

  1. Linder,
    Your pictures are beautiful! Every season has a beauty of it's own. I love the golden prairie grasses with the snow behind it!
    Have fun with your holiday baking ~ Haystacks are my favorite Christmas cookie!! :)
    Hugz,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cathy!

    Sending a big hug your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the rush is on....pace yourself! LOL

    ReplyDelete