Monday, November 16, 2009

Note to self...

You know, I have these moments of extreme clarity and here's my moment for today.

Most if not all people in my age range (I'm 49) have difficulty with their weight, love handles, body image and let's say "shift" in where their waist used to be versus where it seems to be now!

I have refused to go to the gym for 4 months and some change now because I was ashamed that I'd put on weight.  Guess what?  Everyone is having this issue!  Except they're getting their happy butts into the gym whilst I stay at home and sob in my shredded spoonfuls.

You know what?  Sometimes I just wear myself out.

Below is the picture that got me motivated.  That chubby little face cried out for help and who was I to deny her?

The beautiful younger woman is my daughter Elora and her boyfriend Nolan.  And then there's my handsome guy, Dan.

I am happy to report that that face is marginally thinner but mostly more hopeful than when that picture was taken.

Much Love,

Linder


1 comment:

  1. Your way too hard on yourself but being 50 now, I do know how easy it is to beat ourselves up over our weight. You look happy and healthy and like Dr. Oz, that is more important than the weight sometimes! If you want inspiration check out his new show on ABC in the afternoon(here). I too need to lose, never ending....It's not fair that it gets harder as we age though?

    ReplyDelete