Sunday, November 15, 2009

Camera Karma?

Happy Sunday All!

What a great weekend.  The weather was perfect for Fall.  Crisp with a decided bite in the air a smidgen of rain but nothing that got in our way and a whole lotta working in the house.

Dan and I went to this fabulous fabric store about 3 blocks away (how sweet is that?) and picked out some beautiful material for sheers on our windows.

You may ask why on earth I would choose to make sheers when I could buy them and the answers are simple.  I love to sew!

I'm not really good yet but thanks to my friend Brenda and the few lessons that I did take from her last year, I easily managed making the majority of the sheers this weekend and they turned out beautifully!

Yes, it can be a pain to iron, pin, measure, iron again and then sew but in the long run the payoff is so fantastic that it's worth every minute spent trying to get it right.  There is that part of me that screams "This must be perfect!" and in truth I will worry a peice of fabric until it's threadbare if I'm not careful but oh the joy I experience over the finished product.

I have to admit to the part of my day today when I wanted to throw the bloody sewing machine through the window and scrap the whole project BUT I was smart enough to "put the fabric down and walk away" when this happened.

Seems Amanda (our house) does not have even floorboards, so while my seams were perfect and my hems so beautiful you could cry, I found out (belatedly) that this doesn't mean everything will brush the floor like a whisper.  On the contrary.  Ahh well, you do what you can and battle the machine and finish the hemming another day!  LOL!

I mentioned before how excited I was to finally get my usb cable for my camera in the mail so I could post more pictures but alas the battery went dead and guess what?  That's riht, my charger is now conspicuously absent.  Ugh.

There are lots of demo pics to catch you up on, so until I find the blasted charger (or order a new one) I will continue to post.

Hang in there with me folks.  It's worth the wait!

I've got a tale about a squirrel and some pumpkins just ripe for documentation.

I hope you weekend was a lovely one!

Adios for now,

Linder

1 comment:

  1. How fun to see the progress on your Evanston home! I think when we met at the Botanic Garden you were just putting in the bid? The house looks so great.

    Hope to get together with FarmGirls at the B-garden again soon.

    BTW, have you gone over to Secret Treasures on Dempster? A must-do!!

    Best, KL

    ReplyDelete